Stephen K. Shiu, Esq.
Stephen is an experienced attorney who serves clients in the areas of real estate, finance, and business transactions. Prior to Stephen K. Shiu Real Estate and Law, Stephen specialized in real estate transactions at large international law firms including the largest law firm in the world, DLA Piper and another AMLAW 100 law firm, Seyfarth Shaw. He has handled straightforward transactions and complicated, multifaceted projects and sophisticated financing deals. He is committed providing clients with practical and comprehensive legal services of the highest quality with the utmost integrity at a fraction of the cost for similar services at a large law firm. He earned his law degree at Vanderbilt University Law School where he served as the Authorities Editor for the Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law. He is also licensed to practice law in California, New York and Arizona.
Stephen is also a licensed California real estate broker (BRE ID# 01921212) and is a broker associate at the downtown Los Angeles office of BRC Advisors (www.brcadvisors.com), a full service real estate service company providing premier, professional services and value-add solutions to clients across residential, commercial and investment real estate markets.
In addition to Stephen’s passion for real estate, he also enjoys rock climbing, hiking, traveling, racing cars, playing softball, watching movies, and improving his Mandarin Chinese.
- NAIOP SoCal – Member
- NAIOP SoCal Young Professionals Group – Member, 2010-2011 Capstone Cup Winner
- Asian American Real Estate Association of America Los Angeles Greater Los Angeles Chapter – Board of Director
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles County – Member
- Asian American Real Estate Association of America Los Angeles Greater Los Angeles Chapter – Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- Asian American Real Estate Association of America Southern California Tri County Chapter – Pro Bono Legal Counsel
- Habitat for Humanity
Representative Presentations & Publications
- Motion Picture Piracy: Controlling the Seemingly Endless Supply of Counterfeit Optical Discs in Taiwan, 39 Vand. J. Transnat’l L. 607 (January 2006)
Other Professional Experience
- Seyfarth Shaw LLP – Associate
- DLA Piper LLP – Associate
- Snell & Wilmer LLP – Associate
- U.S. Supreme Court – Clerk’s Office Intern